Monday, October 10, 2016

More tea!

This little Tea sampler is just so much fun to work on.....I think it's because each little block is a finish in itself . You know how we stitchers love that feeling of a finish :)

So here we have blackberry tea...


....block number three in the sampler so far...


 ...loving the bright colours in this block...


 I originally thought that the blue was a bit strange for the cup and saucer and was in two minds whether or not to change it to white and greys, which was how the picture on the packet looked, but in the end, I decided to go with  designer Krista Hamrick's choice......


....she knew best! It looks great.

And the wonderful Krista Hamrick has designed a coffee counterpart to this sampler which you can see here. I think this coffee chart just might be going on my wish list to Santa!

Until next time..happy stitching!


Rhona



17 comments:

Ariadne said...

This will look lovely in the end! I love the colour of the cup and saucer.AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Hi Rhona. I'm loving your tea sampler. Would you be interested in selling the chart when your done?

Linda

Mini said...

Lovely progress. I agree these small finishes keep us motivated.

Stitching Noni said...

I love the latest tea cup :o)
I think I am going to have to hunt this chart down now!
Hugs xx

butterfly said...

Looks lovely Rhonda , I feel like a cup of tea now.

Justine said...

Gorgeous! I really like this one, and being more of a coffee lover myself, the coffee one is going on my wish list too!
I'm always too scared to change the colours that a designer has chosen. I think they are the experts and must know best!

Smily-Света said...

You can have enough tea, both real and stitched :)

Mii Stitch said...

Another very pretty cup of tea for your sampler!!

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic stitching and another great little finish. The blue cup is really pretty, very delicate colouring.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very very beautiful

Von said...

What a sweet project! I love the colors.

Wendy said...

Such a lovely project. I'm not a tea drinker but the coffee kit is quite tempting!

gominam said...

Lovely tea finish. Looking forward to seeing them all together.

Preeti said...

So beautiful!!:)

Summer said...

This is looking so pretty ♥

Alison Maney said...

Hi Rhona,

I'm so sorry to contact you this way, but I can't seem to find any contact details for you!

I'm Alison Maney, the Production Assistant at Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, and I just wanted to let you know that your blog, tangledthreadsstitching.blogspot.co.uk, has been nominated for a British Craft Award in cross stitching in the Blog of the year category. Congratulations!

Please feel free to share the link on social media with your followers. Voting is now open at www.britishcraftawards.com

This is a great opportunity for your audience to celebrate your success within the industry. We wish you the best! Voting closes 20th December, 2016.

If you need anything, you can contact me at alison.maney@immediate.co.uk

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Alison

Heather said...

Sounds yummy :). I love the blue cup