Monday, September 19, 2016

A cup of tea!

Quite literally, a cup of tea all stitched ....



...and back stitched too! And rather bravely of me (or maybe that should be riskily or stupidly, you pick the most appropriate!) here it is with the real thing...


...which was placed there just for effect and then whisked away rather quickly before there were any accidents with the tea spilling onto nice white fabric!


I had thought that each time I had completed one of the tea blocks I could photograph it with a different teacup or mug, but after the heart palpitations I had when the tea was close to the stitching, (I won't even begin to describe my panic as the teacup was placed onto the fabric!) I think I might just change my plan :)


Last week, hubby and I decided to head off to Canada for a short break (hence there was no post last week) Montreal was the place of choice since the World Cup Of Hockey had an exhibition match being played there.


Loved the hockey and loved Montreal...such a beautiful city....



I have to say that Montreal feels just like Paris, but with ice hockey and maple syrup.....lots and lots of maple syrup! 

And beer sangria.....


So, from tea to beer sangria all in one nice little post!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

15 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful tea piece. Yeah I don't blame you for being a bit worried about getting tea that close to your beautiful piece. Love your trip pics. Looks like you are having fun indeed.

gominam said...

Love the finish, it's picture perfect. Beautiful travel pictures as well!

Preeti said...

Cute teacup stitching !! Nice to see you enjoy your trip:)
My husband's office friend in Canada got maple syrup cream biscuits for us when he visited India, they were delicious!!

butterfly said...

Lovely tea design , great back stitching.

xstitchatoz said...

Beautiful finish but yep, I think I`d probably photoshop the cup (and even then I`d be trembling, lol). Stunning pics of Montreal, glad you had a great time! :)

Pull the other thread said...

What a super sweet little finish. Maybe it would be better to photograph them with a cup of green or white tea instead of black just in case :) Sounds like you had a nice time away.

Mii Stitch said...

A sweet cup of tea!!!

Ariadne said...

Lovely tea cup!Why don't you take photos with an empty cup next to your stitching? Glad you had a good time in Montreal. And great photo of you!AriadnefromGreece!

Brigitte said...

Oh, this stitched cup of tea looks wonderful and very inviting. I have already made the experience with a cup of coffee spilling all over a stitched and finished ornament for an exchange. I had to do it again, lol.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Ohh thanks for sharing
Your photo is very beautiful
I think that Canada is a beautiful country

Von said...

Love tea cups and tea cup designs!

Stitching Noni said...

Love the little tea cup!
I do like your idea of photographing them with real teas - just use empty ones :o)
Canada is on my bucket list...one day!
Hugs xx

Mini said...

Lovely tea stitching. Glad you enjoyed your holidays.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Cute teacup design but I agree, it doesn't mix with the real thing!
Glad you enjoyed your trip too.

Heather said...

Great finish congrats! I've been known to drink red wine with my stitching but I can imagine your nervousness!