Monday, August 15, 2016

Lots of little bits!

It's been one of those weeks where I have been flitting from one project to another! I blame the heat....it's too hot and humid to be able to concentrate on any one thing for too long :)

I was also a bit naughty this week.......a new kit just happened to come home with me from the craft store....I have absolutely no idea how that happened * wink * wink* !


And of course when you get a new kit, you just have to start it....it's a rule. 


Unfortunately, this kit doesn't come with the threads all pre-sorted....and we all know the pain of having to distinguish all the different shades of threads. Luckily Design works give you the DMC equivalents of their threads, but even that wasn't a help for some of the colours, so I ended up just using DMC threads from my stash. At least the kit wasn't expensive so I don't mind doing that.....so much easier than having to unpick half way through when you realize the colours are wrong.

Anyhoo, I think this might be a design that I stitch for my Dad as he's been talking about getting his kitchen redecorated, so a cross stitched picture will be nice to add to the newly painted walls....when I eventually get it finished!

Max made a brief appearance this week too!



Slow progress with this poor kitty, but progress nonetheless.

And the last of the little 'bits' that I worked on this week is, quite literally just off the hoop.....


Yup, another Christmas card all stitched up! This was a fun design to stitch and was completed really quickly. Of course, the hoop mark will be ironed out. It will be added to my ever growing pile of things to be 'finished'. Maybe one rainy weekend I'll get round to that mammoth task!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

13 comments:

CathieJ said...

I am amazed that you stitch your Christmas cards as well as all the other stitching that you do. It is all beautiful.

Von said...

It's funny how those things jump into your cart when you're at the craft store! At least it's a beauty and will look great in your dad's kitchen!

Mini said...

The kit is a great find. Perfect for a kitchen. Good progress on Max and the Xmas card is lovely.

Preeti said...

Your projects are lovely!! The new chart is very cute:) The charts are very well aware whose cart they should fall into, so that's not your fault at all.

Katie said...

They really need locks to our shopping carts so things just don't jump into them. haha. Plus I love the you have to start it since it's new theory. I pretty much fall for that every time haha. Beautiful progress.

Mii Stitch said...

You came back home with a lovely new kit :)
It will definitely look great in a kitchen!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great new start but annoying about the threads. They often don't supply enough either.
Love the little Christmas card too. Sundays always feel like a finishing day to me.

Heather said...

Beautiful progress on everything :)

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very beautiful projects.
I adore Max

Pull the other thread said...

Lots of fantastic stitching going on. Love your new kit and of course you had to start it!!

gominam said...

Lovely finish and new start. Your dad's kitchen is going to look fabulous with your project:) I think the DMC threads look more vibrant than those in kits, good job.

Brigitte said...

It's a fact that these kits and charts just do what they want and can jump into our shopping cart without us wanting them to do that, lol. Happens to me all the time and I have stopped wondering about it. I just accept it, lol. Definitely a lovely new start, Rhona.

Justine said...

I love your new purchase - how lucky that it just fell into your cart?! That's a sweet Christmas card design too.