Monday, July 11, 2016

Time to be brave.....

....and get the sewing machine out!

Me and the sewing machine don't always get along. To be honest, the sewing machine terrifies me! All those hours of cross stitching can be ruined in minutes by a  misbehaving sewing machine. But the time has come to be brave and get the Santa's Snack mat finished. I just have to wash the stitching and then face my fears.


And being a true procrastinator, instead of getting on with the snack mat, I decided to start something else! A cute Christmas gnome.....


...another one of my own designs all stitched up. This one was published in The World of Cross Stitching magazine last Christmas. The little gnome was part of a larger picture and I thought he would look cute as either a small card or little gift tag. Thankfully finishing this one off requires double sided tape and no sewing machine! Phew!!!

Time to face my fears with the sewing machine.....wish me luck!

Until next time....happy stitching!
Rhona

13 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good luck! I much prefer a no-sew finish myself.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I would like to buy a sewing machine but I can't use it.
I think that you will do a very good work .

CathieJ said...

Go for it. You should be stitching just straight lines. I know it is daunting. I am always nervous before starting a finish but I am usually happy with the end result. I am sure you will do fine.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

You can do it! A sewing machine isn't totally scary

Mini said...

Lovely finishes. Go for it. Once you start sewing, you will feel less scared and enjoy it.

Mii Stitch said...

I know how you feel! :)
Go slowly, check & double check.. and you'll be fine.

Katie said...

I have a large pile of things to be made into things with a sewing machine. So I get your fear totally. My pile still lays there haha. Love your little gnome and the santa snack pieces though!!

Heather said...

Beautiful finishes :). I love the gnome lol so cute!

gominam said...

What a cute gnome! Cheering you on with your sewing machine appointment, now get to it, LOL.

Renee said...

I can sooo relate to procrastinating when it's time to sew. Both projects are adorable! I look forward to seeing them fully finished.

Justine said...

Sounds like your machine and mine are related - both awkward! It's a lovely stitch and I hope it's now beautifully finished too.
What a fun little gnome!

Preeti said...

Cute gnome!! Good luck with sewing! Looking forward to see your finish:)

Unknown said...

Where was this published? Thank you.