Monday, July 27, 2015

Chocolate and stitching.

Most of the time stitching and chocolate really don't go together. 

The thought of chocolatey finger marks on your stitching can be real nightmare. I. however. being a freak of nature, don't like chocolate. Can you believe it.... a woman who doesn't like chocolate....weird huh? So anyway, I never have to worry about chocolate and stitching......until now. Yes, I broke down and bought a bar of chocolate. Don't worry, all is well......I'm not sick or crazy. This is the one time when chocolate and stitching definitely go well together

Remember I showed a glimpse of some secret stitching I was working on? It looked like this...


Well here it is now....



And that's the reason for the bar of chocolate! Yes it really is a bar of chocolate in the frame...


This is a gift for my friend's daughter who is heading off to university at the end of August. I thought this might be a nice gift for her dorm room. I have a feeling that I might have to make another one for my friend too.

So, now we know..... chocolate and stitching really do go together! Don't you agree?

Until next time...happy stitching (with or without the chocolate!)

Rhona




11 comments:

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That is such an awesome idea! I love that design with the chocolate

Astrids dragon said...

This is great! But I think there'd be way too much glass breaking in our house! I think I'd have to remove the glass and then stitch "grab"!

Heather said...

Ha I love it! But I'm a huge chocolate fan so I have that appreciation of it too ;)

Justine said...

What a fun design! You will have to make sure she doesn't hang it in direct sunlight though or there could be a disaster!

Preeti said...

Ha ha ha !! It's absolutely the best safety feature required at home than those dumb red extinguishers:))
Great idea!!
I like chocolates but I have given up eating those :(

Weronika said...

Wonderful idea! I love it! Great work Rhona.

Mii Stitch said...

So clever!! Wonder how long it will take before the chocolate bar disappear??! :D

Linda said...

Congrats on the awesome finish Rhona. What a clever idea.

Linda

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very good.
perfect work.

gominam said...

That's so cool! what about ice cream,lol.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea. If I was her, I'd eat the chocolate, clean the wrapper and reframe it!