Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A change of plan!



So my little owls that I have been working on were originally planned to be made as cards, but then I thought about how long we leave cards out on the mantle piece (or wherever!) and thought that it was quite sad that they are only out for maybe a week or so and then they are hidden away somewhere.....or worse, but we won't even talk about that! 

Anyway, why not have something that could be left out for longer? Soooo....I made the little owls into hangings that the recipients can leave out for as long as they wanted! Here's the first one finished up....


 The owl fabric in the background is what I used on the reverse of the hanging....isn't it cute?


So the first of my little owls will be going to my friend Joelle today. As you can see from the date on the stitching, she graduates tomorrow! We are going for an early celebration lunch today. So I just have to wrap up her owl hanging along with a bottle of bubbly!

Until next time (when there will be more owls!)..... happy stitching!

Rhona

18 comments:

Steph said...

I always feel the same about cards, and much prefer something to hang. Those little owls are adorable and they look so quick to stitch too. xx

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Super lovely
Giovanna

Preeti said...

That's a nice idea to finish !! The owl fabric is cute:)

Linda said...

I love the way you finished the owl Rhona. It is really cute.

Linda

gominam said...

What a neat idea. You're right, that owl is too cute for a card:)

Heather said...

Great idea those stitched up super cute I love that background fabric.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That's a beautiful way to finish them.

Angela said...

So cute!

Mii Stitch said...

That's a great idea to have swapped the card for a little hanger! Looks so cute! Enjoy your lunch with your friend!!

Katie said...

Perfect idea!! It looks fantastic. Love the fabric you chose. Hope she loves it!!

Weronika said...

Great idea. They are so cute!

Justine said...

What a great idea! So much better than a card. The fabric you chose for the back is perfect. Congratulations to Joelle!

Pull the other thread said...

Great finish. I agree on the card issue, also people may really like the stitching and want to make it a permanent feature in their home but a card wouldn't survive that and they may not know what else they could do with the stitched piece.

Summer said...

so cute, I love owls.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Hi just found you whilst blog hopping :) I love the idea of a mini hanging instead of a stitched card, your little owl is so cute :)
Jillxo

Steph said...

That's a lovely idea xox

Helen Philipps said...

Lovely little hanging...such a nice keepsake!
Helen xox

♥ Nia said...

Such a cute owl :) and a lovely idea to finish it!
I save all my cards, stitched by a friend, scrap cards made by another friend or just regular cards that someone remembered to post while on vacation :) a beautiful collection :D but now you made me wonder... Maybe not everyone does the same.. I will think twice before making another :p