Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sorry!

First of all I need to apologize for not updating my blog for a while.  A family tragedy back in the UK as well as my Dad undergoing surgery has turned life upside down. It's a times like this that I wish we didn't live on the other side of the world!

Anyhoo, as you can imagine, not much stitching has been done although I long for the relief and relaxation that stitching can bring. Here's where I was the last time I showed you Simple Treasures...



And here's where I am now...



Hopefully I will be able to get the old needle out and have it working overtime soon!

My postman did bring a bit of a ray of sunshine by delivering this month's World of Cross Stitching magazine which has my Nautical Alphabet in it.....

  World of Cross Stitching Issue 204
Immediate Media Co.

As you can tell by the picture, the sun decided to make an appearance and has made the picture a bit blurry at the bottom! 

And a quick update for everyone who helped out my daughter by posting on her blog, which was for one of her courses at uni.....she got a A!!! Thanks you so much to everyone who posted about their country's superstitions, she couldn't have done it without all those wonderful people taking time to post -  and they were very interesting to read!

Until next time....happy stitching!

Rhona

14 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching projects ...
Love x

Annie said...

I see some progress there, and some is better than none! Sorry to hear you've been having family troubles. I hope everything settles down for you and gets resolved positively and soon.

Ariadne said...

Sorry for your problems,hope everything is better now!AriadnefromGreece!

Preeti said...

Sorry to hear about it. Hope you feel better soon and keep stitching.

Miss LindaLee said...

You've made quite a bit of progress on your piece and I do love the piece itself.
I'm hoping that all is well within your family at this time.

Lavendelhaus said...

Liebe Rhona,
ich hoffe bei Euch ist alles wieder gut.
Deine Stickerei ist so zauberhaft und freue mich auf weitere Bilder.
Ich wünsche Dir viel Kraft für deine Familie.
bianca

Mii Stitch said...

Sorry about the family troubles. I know exactly how you feel. Being too far away to help makes you feel really useless. Don't worry people understand. Your little stitchy update looks great and make me want to work back on this project! I need an other pair of hands! :D Congrats to your daughter for her A! xx

Valma said...

good and bad news here :-/
so sorry to read about your father
hubby is only at 900km from his parents and it's not always easy...so in your case...
but we all understand, don't be sorry
lovely progress on your Simple treasures , it's appealing the sun =)
and congrats to your daughter , that's really great
xxxxx

Wendy said...

So sorry to hear your bad news xx

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your family problems hun :( beautiful progress though xxx

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about the family tragedy :( You don't have to apologise anything, family comes first! We understand :)

The embroidery is so beautiful and your rapid progress is inspiring me to embroider more!

Congratulations to your daughter :)

- Michelle :)

SoCal Debbie said...

It looks like you made great progress on Simple Treasures. Congrats on your Nautical Alphabet being in the magazine!

Toni said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but don't worry, things will be alright soon :-)

Stitching Noni said...

Oh Rhona, I'm so sorry hear your bad news. Hope things are going to be ok.
Great stitching progress & such a cute alphabet :)
Well done to your daughter. Great result :)