Thursday, February 7, 2013

First finish of the year!

....and it feels good! Here's Seraphina mouse in all her glory...




I made a few 'alterations' to the design......watching Downton Abbey on PBS when there are no breaks for adverts means that you stitch with what's on hand rather than miss any of the action while you go hunting for the correct colour of thread! The chart called for the back stitching to be in dark grey which I didn't have in my little project tin, so I just went with black which I think looks fine. I just had to use a slightly darker shade of grey for the details in the white fur as the grey specified in the chart looked too pale next to the black. back stitching.  Now I just have to decide what to do with this sweet little mouse....card or ornie?

I also have some progress to show you on Life's Simple Treasures which is stitching up beautifully. This is the part that I have been working on...




The photograph looks a bit blue with the morning light!

And this is the project so far...



I'm always sad to stop stitching this one when the rotation period ends...roll on next week when I can get back to it.

Just to let you know, Heather is having a wonderful Giveaway on her blog, which you might want to pop over and enter. You have until February 12th to add your name....good luck!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona


17 comments:

Cleejoow said...

I think the little mouse would make a perfect card... maybe with a snowflake embellishment or so?

Tricia T said...

She turned out adorable, Rhona! What a sweet stitch!

Denise said...

Hi Rhona, Seraphina is so cute, and congratulations on your first finish. I too just posted my first finish this morning.
Happy Stitching
Denise

stitchersanon said...

ooo brilliant...very very cute.

Annie said...

Your little skating mouse is so cute! And your WIP is coming along beautifully.

cucki said...

Aww so cute x

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on your adorable finish! Life's Simple Pleasures looks beautiful! Great stitching, Rhona!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous little finishes. I love the mouse :D and you're making great progress on simple pleasures.

Mii Stitch said...

What a cute little mouse (to cute to be a card, in my opinion!)!! Great progress on Simple Treasures, you're really flying through that design :)

Valma said...

Grrr I made a comment but don't know if it well 'arrived' as I had an error message =(
I was saying that I agree with Mii, this little mouse is too cute for 'just' a card =D
She is really over cute
And backstitch in black is great (I often change when I find it's too dark or too light)
And what a progress on Simple Treasures
Very beautiful
xxxx

DJH said...

The mouse is adorable. Congrats on a finish!
I would make it an ornament, as it would be a shame to give something so cute away!
Your WIP looks great!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

The Mouse is fantastic, adorable.

♥ Nia said...

And looks sooo adorable =) congrats on your first finish! :D
Hugs&smiles

xstitchlibrarian said...

I love Seraphina - great work. I think it would look great as a Christmas tree ornament.

Lesleyanne said...

A cute finish. Great progress on your wip.

Stitching Noni said...

Rhonda, I'm so pleased you found Seraphina & stitched her. She is so sweet. Definitely too cute for a card- she is an ornie. But then I'm biased as I made her into an orne :)

Julianne said...

Your mouse is so cute! I would so love to stitch this! These little pieces are really quite time consuming. Could you e mail me? Luvstitching@sbcglobal.net. Thank you. Julianne