Sunday, July 8, 2012

A hasty finish!

This week has been much better than last week – no more disasters, but maybe I’m tempting fate by saying that, so I’ll just hurry on and show you my latest finish.

Since its summer, it’s time for flip flops…



….except maybe for those of you living in the UK, perhaps wellies would be more appropriate! (Hope the sun shines soon for you!)

This is one of the letters from a new alphabet that will be available. I stitched this one a while back, but have only just got round to actually doing something with it (story of my life!!)

Summertime (in my household anyway) always means kids going swimming and the inevitable mix up of towels and swim bags. I thought this little alphabet would be just the thing to attach to swim towels and swim bags – anything to try to keep things a bit organized!  Just one letter, or even a whole name stitched to a band and attached to a towel, would look super cute and also keep things from getting mixed up at the pool.



You could easily change the colour of the letter to match the colour of the towel. These little designs can be stitched up quite quickly and you can also use up some of those left-over threads from other projects, making each design unique!

And if you don’t fancy using the designs for towels or swim bags, they look great as cards too! I used the same design (quite literally) and popped it into a card - another little cutie!



So with this being made into a card, I’m still managing to keep up with my goal of making at least one card per month! Yayy me! I think I might add some embellishments onto this card as I think it needs a little bit more, so you might be seeing this one again!

Until next time…happy stitching!

Rhona




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely design, so clolourful.

Deanne J said...

It's adorable

Valma said...

This is a lovely design with very sweet colours
I love the idea of stitching it on a towel to go to the beach or swimming pool =D
Happy stitching
xxxx

♥ Nia said...

It's really adorable!! =) Lovely finish!
Hugs&Smiles

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely stitching!