Monday, January 30, 2012

Teacup Kitty

My plans of spending all weekend stitching my Geisha went straight out the window when I saw the free gift with Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine. I knew exactly who would love this card (can't say just in case they are reading this! lol)



Unfortunately the fabric supplied was rather wonky but I just happen to have a few little bits of fabric lying around! All went well until I tried to decipher the difference between the white and pale grey threads that were supplied (impossible)....luckily for me I do happen to have one or two shades of grey in my small thread collection!

This is the progress from Saturday's stitching session....


And this is where I have got to so far....


Just the back stitching to do, but I have a feeling that this will take quite a bit of time (and patience) as the back stitch  is better suited to be done on evenweave...yeah, lots of splitting the fabric and the stitches too. Still, it will be cute when it's completed....and another card to add to my collection!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona

9 comments:

Rowyn said...

Cute design, and such pretty pinks in the teacup!

Steph said...

Aww that kitty cat is so cute and will make an extra special card for someone :) I just love all your work, its fab :)

cucki said...

what a sweet start..it is on my to do list too..
hugs xx

Ginnie said...

very cute, I have this one to do also. x

Mouse said...

ooooo pity it wasn't a mouse in there heheheh .. lovely progress and will let you off re the geisha ...lol :) love mouse xxxxx

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

This is going to look fab when finished.
x catherine

Anonymous said...

Such a cute design. I like it so much that I brought the magazine just for this kit!
Well done.

Hippywitch said...

Love that card :-) I have mine to stitch yet
Lori x

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely card :D That is when I pull out the sharp sharp needles and then it doesn't take very long.