Thursday, August 4, 2011

I know a secret……


…..and I’m going to share it with you!
I have a friend who is a quilter and she makes the most amazing quilts like this one she gave me…


She asked me if I could pop into Joann’s for her and pick up some quilting supplies. For non US readers, Joann’s is a huge craft store, which by itself is wonderful, but here where I live, it’s nestled between a Target and a Marshalls (every shoppers dream stores!! lol)…….sheer heaven! How could I say no?!! So, after wandering around the sewing aisles and not being able to find anything on the shopping list, I then discover that Joann's actually has a quilting section…duh! And this is where the secret comes in. The quilting section has the most amazing stuff that us cross stitchers can use….even better than the bits ‘n’ bobs in the cross stitch section. I found the most wonderful needle threaders, scissors to die for, beeswax for those pesky metallic threads and wonderful magnetic needle boxes.  Sadly, I was unable to get my friend's quilting supplies, but I was able to ‘enhance’ my cross stitching stash! Just don’t tell my hubby!

Until next time…happy stitching!

Rhona

6 comments:

cucki said...

wow..what a lovely quilt..you so lucky..i so much wanted a quilt for myself too..one day soon..
have fun..hugs xx

Lynn said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love those bright colours.
I love going into Joann's. There is one about an hour's drive from me and I try to go there a couple of times a year.

Mouse said...

ooooo just been to a quilting shop today to stock up on some supplies for my projects :) hopefully be able to show them finished sooon :) love mouse xxx

mdgtjulie said...

Sounds lovely Rhona. I'd love to see your new acquisitions!! Plus, that's a really great quilt!

Poppypatchwork said...

Sounds like bliss, here in the UK we have such a poor show in ours shops, or perhaps I live in the wrong area of the UK.

Lija Broka said...

Marlene, have you ever tried HobbyCraft (not sure if you have on locally). It can be rather good for sales from time to time ... and much better for prices in comparison to John Lewis.