Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bookazines

Ever heard of them? It's new term to me, but it seems to be the 'in' thing just now. It's basically a very thick magazine that looks just like a paperback book. Future publishing released a bookazine of Joan Elliot designs that went flying off the shelves in the UK and I was lucky enough to be able to get my grubby little mitts on one here in the US.



 It is 196 pages of  Joan's wonderful designs. I'm a big fan of Joan Elliott, her work is amazing. So after I bought the bookazine I spent all evening drooling over this magazine and wishing I had more time to stitch (doesn't that sound familiar?) Joan has a blog which can be found here where you can find all her latest designs and chart corrections.

And just to make matters worse, a few weeks aftre releasing the Joan Elliott bookazine, Future publishing then decides to put out another bookazine, this time of Margaret Sherry designs!


So, of course I just had to go and hunt down a copy of that darn bookazine too! Although the magazines (can't quite get comfortable calling them bookazines!) are rather pricey, they are wonderful. Margaret Sherry's characters are amazing and there is such humour in her designs. The animals have such adorable expressions on their faces and I have added several of the cat designs to my never ending to-do list! I wasn't able to find a blog for Margaret Sherry but I know she is on Facebook, so if anyone wants to friend request her you can. And...if you are friend requesting Margaret, you might as well add me too! lol


So, when I haven't been drooling over a Joan Elliott design or a Margaret Sherry design, what have I been working on? Well, I have been working on some Tangled Threads designs. This is what I have been stitching the last couple of nights.

I was hoping to get a lot more stitched last night, but ended up watching So You Think You Can Dance, and it's one of those programs where you have to watch (unlike some movies or shows where you can just listen and keep on stitching) so I only stitched during the adverts, which is why there isn't very much stitching to see! Hopefully I'll get more done tonight.

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...happy stitching!

Rhona 

4 comments:

Mouse said...

heheh love that term Bookazines :) well I ummmed n ahhhhd and succumbed to the joan elliot one even though got all the magazines with all the charts in them .. go figure !! but I didn't bother with MS .... and funnily enough she came up on face book to add as a friend !!! well at least you have done a wee bit of stitching :) love mouse xxx

cucki said...

me too..i love that bookzine too so much..i am still waiting for mine..i hope it come soon..i got my ms book..cant wait to stitch something from it soon..
your stitching is looking so sweet..keep it up dear..happy stitching xx

Unknown said...

I bought my Joan Elliott book (I feel more comfortable calling them that, they are really only a book-azine so they can put them in newsagents where stitchers haunt) last week. I only had two of the designs in it already and it had one that I was considering purchasing off her website. So I'm very happy. I'll have to find more hours in the day ... who needs to sleep anyway right?

Justflo said...

I've never seen the 'bookazines' I'll have to see if I can find one.

Thanks for sharing.

Looking foreward to seeing more of your design....looking good.